Skip to main content

The Zoo, Avon & Weeds a.k.a. Life


Finally I’m able to sit down with my thoughts and blog!  I know I’m beginning to say this every time, but alone-time is a precious never these days.

I wouldn’t change it for anything.

Last weekend was Father’s Day and I think we were able to show Daddy just how much we love and appreciate him.  There’s no denying Nola is her Daddy’s girl and she was pleased to be able to wish him “Daddy Happy Day!”  Kevin received a new watch and ball cap that I think he’ll actually wear!  Score J

Lots of things have been going on with our Macleod Momentum.  The three of us girls were able to go to the Zoo with beloved cousin Stephanie, Aunt Laura and cousin Chris.  Nola had a great time as long as she was in the comfort of her wagon.  She was quite cautious about everything and I think pretty overwhelmed at the actual size of the lions and tigers and bears.  Oh my.  She’s only seen them in books, after all.


We’ve also been on our first little camping adventure to Ol’ MacDonald Farm about an hour east of Red Deer.  The girls both did well.  It’s pretty exciting in the motorhome for Nola but she settled in on the second night.  Heidi enjoyed the fresh air.  It was nice for all of us to get out of the house and spend family time together.




This week Nola has been a very lucky little girl to be able to spend it in Entwistle with Omi, my Mom.  Nola loves it there and has a blast with Benny the Beagle and getting suckers from the post mistress, Mrs. Buckler.  Likewise, Heidi is having a great time having Mommy and Daddy all to herself.  I think she’s sleeping a little better too with it being SO much quieter, ha!

At the moment Kevin is catching a nap as he’ll be driving down to Drumheller in an hour or two to put in a night shift on a location.  He’s prepared the motorhome for me though, so I can take it out camping with the family again this weekend to celebrate Stephanie’s 17th birthday!  Should be a good time.  Nola is such an outdoors girl, rain or shine she’ll love it.

The girls are growing like stink weeds and we love every second of it.  Nola’s vocabulary is developing quickly and surprisingly clearly; it’s very awesome.  Heidi is gaining weight wonderfully.  I think she's up to about 10 pounds now.  She was projectiling for a while like crazy, but the doctor has had her on Losec for a few weeks (a medication for heartburn and reflux) and all of that has stopped.  Her sleeping is getting better and she’s smiling more every day.  She’s quite expressive and fiery.  It’s really fascinating to see how different the sisters are, yet how similar they are!

Did I mention in my last blog that Nola is completely potty trained?  I’m so proud of her for this.  We’ve not experienced any regression or much for accidents.  It’s REALLY nice having her out of diapers!!

Other than that nothing is too new.  We regularly get together with Nola’s little play friends, Malachi, Lantz, Andrea and Henry… And now we patiently wait for Andrea’s little sister (any day) and Henry’s little brother (August) to get here for Heidi to meet her playmates!  Not to mention another friend of mine just went on maternity leave to await the arrival of her first baby girl!

This is such a fun time of life!

Oh yeah!  I forgot to mention I’m now selling Avon!  I only wanted to buy a few products and kind of got convinced into selling it.  I guess we’ll give it an honest go for a while, lol.  AND Kevin and I have gone on a product called Body By Vi (Visalus).  We decided to try and shed a few pounds, and wouldn’t you know Kevin’s already down 10!  I’m going down too…not as quickly but we’re both feeling better and have gotten a nice energy boost from it.  Will keep you posted on the endeavours.

And just before Father’s Day we had a few family snapshots done by the ever-talented Amber Bourret.  Using the Dirndl from our German cousins and the kilt outfit from Sandy’s sister (originally worn in 1947), she captured some beautiful “heritage” photographs.


Ok, I think that wraps it up.

Off and running now to do that awful thing called…laundry L

All the best to you and yours.  Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Hullo,
    I hope you have time to answer my question, as I can see your time is full with your family!
    I happened on your blog and enjoy reading about your experiences. My 3rd daughter is just about to deliver her baby, so it was interesting reading about your 2nd child's birth. I hope she is fully healthy now.
    I have a blog of my own, and would like to know how you incorporate the framework around your photos which is so attractive?
    I'll check in on here to see your comment.
    Thanks for taking the time to answer me.
    Liv

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Time You Said My Name

The last time you said my name was yesterday. I had no idea that would be the last time I heard you say Jeanette... It seems surreal to have already lost one of our parents. This evening, my husbands mother Suzanne, died of cancer. We found out she was sick on April 20th. She went to the hospital for what seemed to be gallbladder issues only to discover there was more. Suzanne chose to go home and process the information. She decided not to pursue treatment. 69 days later we have lost her. She was 67. As I have participated in this dying process, there have been many emotions. So many memories and thoughts surface. Suzanne and I didn't get along very well and that isn't a secret. We were very different women connected to a man we love(d) dearly. Although we had difficulty relating and often times irritated and annoyed each other, I am amazed at how it can all melt away at the end. The fights, misunderstandings, and even anger, is softened. Not forgotten, but the heart is

Calgary Visit @ 27 weeks

I think it's going to be a hold-your-breath kind of week. Baby girls heart beat was at about 53 today.  55 is the danger zone cut off.  It kind of stumped Kevin and I.  The ultrasound tech was super nice and, of course, they don't really know what sort of news they're giving us when they tell us the heart rate.  They don't know why we're there, but we went a little quiet when she said.  I wasn't really expecting that. Today Kevin and I decided to get a disc of pictures of our sweetheart.  She was having a party today while they were trying to take pictures, wiggling and bouncing. She's about 2 1/4 pounds. Her feet measure about 5.4 cm. So with the lower rate, the pediatric cardiologist (the amazing Dr. Fruitman) came into the room immediately to have a look for herself and we had the consult right away.  She asked me how things had been and I told her about this past week.  I took a hard fall on the ice with Nola in my arms and suffered a terrib

Hard to say/show thank-you

It never ceases to amaze (and hurt) me just how difficult it is for people to say "thank-you". I realize it is the Age of Entitlement and everyday etiquette/courtesies are nearly unheard of, but I for one am getting sick of it.  And if you're close to me, you know I've been getting sick of it for quite some time! I have an uncanny ability to remember people's birthdays.  I don't find it hard to write it on the calendar I look at all the time.  I don't find it hard to snag a card while I'm on one of my quick shopping tours.  It's even easier to stick a stamp on it considering I keep a roll in the drawer, and there is a mail box on nearly every corner. I work hard to remember everyone with a Christmas card.  I don't find it too much to sit down for one hour and sign a bunch of cards with a little good will showing the people in my life that I think they're important and I wish the best for them. Funny enough, it doesn't come back