Skip to main content

The Real Deal

I was able to experience something incredible today.  Me, my Grandmother (Oma) and my Mother (Monika) went to see Dwayne, a Psychic Medium.

Of course I got the idea from watching some TV shows and thinking about how interesting it would be.  Then I discovered a cousin in Ontario recently went to a Psychic Medium to connect with her passed Father.  As luck and irony should have it, shortly after that I saw a Facebook status of a friend who had had the pleasure of being read by Dwayne and how “blown away” she was.  That was enough for me, and I got his information and booked the appointment.

I convinced my Mom and Oma that this should be something the three of us do together.  I didn’t think it would take too much convincing as they are both spiritual to a degree and definitely open minded.  Yep, they agreed.

Dwayne agreed to see the three of us consecutively, which I was grateful for, thinking it might be a bit too much Drexler/Schmidt/Cappis women for him!

We got there and waited excitedly to see him.  Now, we didn’t go with a certain expectation or the desire to connect with any one person in particular, but I did take a picture of Grandma Doris Cappis and Oma a picture of her Brother Franz.

Oma was the first of us three to be read (he does them separately).  It was pretty remarkable some of the things he was able to tell her.  I’ll try and recall some of the more memorable.

-There is in fact a man who watches over her, a brother, and when shown the picture Dwayne picked him out immediately.

-A G, something about a G, trouble with the abdomen or mid-section, a person she wasn’t able to get to and say goodbye to, also with an R in his name… Gerhard.

-He saw a W…Wendy, a woman wanting to tell Oma she was alright.

-We have about two years left with Opa and two women take care of him…his mother and Oma’s mother.

-He saw Oma looking out from up high, asking if she lived high up.  Yes she does.

-She will be able to see one of her great grandchildren grow up.

-He told her she needs to walk more and that her left leg is in trouble—so true!

There were other things too and I cannot remember them!

Next it was Mom’s turn.  Now Mom experienced more of the Psychic part of it than the Medium ship.  She was told of some things about herself, and things she needed to change.  Mostly Dwayne emphasized the fact that she needed to recheck the amount of time she devotes to taking care of others and start spending more time on HERSELF.  Yes yes, and yes.

Now me…I had a little bit of both Psychic and Medium.  Very cool.  In no particular order!!

The first thing Dwayne told me about was my husband…go figure!  He held my wedding band and told me how very compatible we are and that we will be together for a long long time.  Of course that’s what every girl wants to hear.  And yes, he told me we were going to be financially sound and that there was no teaching in my future.

He said he saw me as my own boss running a business.  He said he knows I’ve considered further education and I shouldn’t be hesitant to go for it because it will be very lucrative.  Dwayne also said it’s in a field that isn’t common in Central Alberta right now and it is also helping people.  I then told him I’d been thinking a lot about getting into Personal Organizing because the “hoarding” aspect of people fascinates me and I think it would be a great career helping people unclutter their life!

Dwayne also spoke of a business venture Kevin was thinking about…which Kevin only mentioned a few weeks ago!  Kevin told me after I told him of my visit with Dwayne that it hasn’t left his mind.

I was also told there was a move in our future; about five years and family members and some friends weren’t going to be pleased with it and it would probably be north of Red Deer.

Then the kicker.  We talked babies.  He said that he saw I have two children.  The last pregnancy was very difficult and I was afraid the baby wasn’t going to survive…  Dwayne warned me, four different times during our visit, that it would be VERY dangerous to have another child.  He said a third would be our boy but the likelihood of survival is non-existent.  At one point he indicated much sorrow surrounding our third baby, and another instance was my deceased grandmother holding our son as she wept.  He was adamant that it would not be safe for me or the baby to continue, to be happy with our girls… and that is precisely what was said by the doctors in Calgary (although the doctors strongly encouraged a consultation to go through all the risks prior to conception).

And Grandma.  She is with me.  It began by him telling me he smelled something sweet.  It was a strong fragrance, a woman standing in a meadow with hummingbirds and butterflies.  A very sweet sweet smell.  And cooking too.  No, maybe just flowers.  A sweet colourful flower.  That’s when I said, “Sweetpeas”.  This woman isn’t a persistent spirit because she knows you’ve seen her, he said.  Yes, I believe I have.  But her spirit is almost…hyper, a doer, energetic.  That was Grandma.  And when she laughs, it’s almost a cackle, he said.  She is alone in the meadow, and she’s happy that way.  She is happy from all the love from her family.  She walks through my house every night, just before I go to bed to make sure we’re safe.

Throughout our conversation, Dwayne was able to pinpoint a lot of characteristic (and I mean specific characteristics) about some people in my life.  Some of them were negative and some were positive.  All in all it was extremely accurate and he was able to give me some words of caution that made sense to me, some insight and definitely an uplifting perspective.


Now I realize this has the potential to be a very controversial blog, and that’s ok.  It would be a boring life if we all believed exactly the same!  For me, this was a fantastic experience and I bet my last dollar my Oma and Mom would say the same.  Some people think that people such as Dwayne are occult or Satanic.  I think that’s ridiculous.  There were too many things Dwayne said that he simply couldn’t have known or pulled out of thin air and be right about.  He brings closure and peace to people along with a sense of greater depth to our world, if you are willing and open.  It was nothing other than a positive experience!  Maybe some of us are too willing to push this kind of thing away?  What is wrong with a loved one who has crossed over and wanting to continue to give us love a bad thing?

Regardless, aside from a sense of calm and peace I had from Dwayne I also received the reassurance and confidence to continue to be me.  ME.  It’s ok to be who I am even if others don’t love it or agree.  With continual drama and confusion in our lives and relationships, hold fast and stay true to myself.  Don’t be fake or something other than yourself.  That right there is a good piece of advice no matter who you are.

I HIGHLY recommend Dwayne.  Don’t go if you’re closed off or attempting to trick him or prove him wrong.  You’ll fail at it firstly, but if you aren’t a little receptive then you won’t get anything out of it.  If you’re so right that you already have the answers, don’t bother. 


I think anyone who is the least bit curious should experience this.  I plan on seeing him again when I feel the energy.

And please remember, this blog is just my opinion, and isn’t meant to create arguments or a wedge.  After all, remember what Voltaire said?  “I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Time You Said My Name

The last time you said my name was yesterday. I had no idea that would be the last time I heard you say Jeanette... It seems surreal to have already lost one of our parents. This evening, my husbands mother Suzanne, died of cancer. We found out she was sick on April 20th. She went to the hospital for what seemed to be gallbladder issues only to discover there was more. Suzanne chose to go home and process the information. She decided not to pursue treatment. 69 days later we have lost her. She was 67. As I have participated in this dying process, there have been many emotions. So many memories and thoughts surface. Suzanne and I didn't get along very well and that isn't a secret. We were very different women connected to a man we love(d) dearly. Although we had difficulty relating and often times irritated and annoyed each other, I am amazed at how it can all melt away at the end. The fights, misunderstandings, and even anger, is softened. Not forgotten, but the heart is

Calgary Visit @ 27 weeks

I think it's going to be a hold-your-breath kind of week. Baby girls heart beat was at about 53 today.  55 is the danger zone cut off.  It kind of stumped Kevin and I.  The ultrasound tech was super nice and, of course, they don't really know what sort of news they're giving us when they tell us the heart rate.  They don't know why we're there, but we went a little quiet when she said.  I wasn't really expecting that. Today Kevin and I decided to get a disc of pictures of our sweetheart.  She was having a party today while they were trying to take pictures, wiggling and bouncing. She's about 2 1/4 pounds. Her feet measure about 5.4 cm. So with the lower rate, the pediatric cardiologist (the amazing Dr. Fruitman) came into the room immediately to have a look for herself and we had the consult right away.  She asked me how things had been and I told her about this past week.  I took a hard fall on the ice with Nola in my arms and suffered a terrib

Hard to say/show thank-you

It never ceases to amaze (and hurt) me just how difficult it is for people to say "thank-you". I realize it is the Age of Entitlement and everyday etiquette/courtesies are nearly unheard of, but I for one am getting sick of it.  And if you're close to me, you know I've been getting sick of it for quite some time! I have an uncanny ability to remember people's birthdays.  I don't find it hard to write it on the calendar I look at all the time.  I don't find it hard to snag a card while I'm on one of my quick shopping tours.  It's even easier to stick a stamp on it considering I keep a roll in the drawer, and there is a mail box on nearly every corner. I work hard to remember everyone with a Christmas card.  I don't find it too much to sit down for one hour and sign a bunch of cards with a little good will showing the people in my life that I think they're important and I wish the best for them. Funny enough, it doesn't come back