Skip to main content

So it begins.

Well, here it is.  I suppose it was inevitable.  With the updates I’ve been faithfully maintaining since Nola was born, the natural next step was to be documenting my family’s life via the internet.  I’m a product of my era?

Macleod Momentum; that’s it.  I guess I hung on to this name because since I met Kevin I’ve really felt like my life began.  Sentimental?  Yes.  As I age, I feel like my life is picking up speed and time is flying faster than ever.  My life is gaining momentum and I love it…and hate it.  Regardless of my feelings toward it I shall embrace it!  We only go around once, right?

I am also especially sentimental to beginning this blog now because March has connected me deeper to my life and loves.

Today, March 31, is the day the Cappis family lost its glue.  Grandma passed away tragically in a car accident this day 16 years ago.  16 years ago.  I remember it well.  It was all the descriptors you can think of for such an awful event.  Everyone loved her—I mean everyone.  Her funeral was huge, the choir sang and everyone wept.  She died instantly in the accident while she and Grandpa were on their way to Rocky Mountain House to deliver clothes for Goodwill…  And then earlier this month, March 3, at 95, Grandpa finally let go and went to be with her.  There has been so much separation in the family over the past 15 years or so.  When I look back at it, I feel as though when Grandma passed it was like the threads of the rope began to break.  One by one they snapped apart from the pressures; with each fight or misunderstanding another strand would give way.  Grandpa was the final thread.  I felt like when I got the phone call, it was as though that last thread broke…  Of course we’ll still be family, but that patriarch is gone.


That’s enough reflective sadness.  Oma celebrated her 81 birthday yesterday.  Wow!  I was fortunate enough to spend the day with her…it was Wednesday after all.  I love her to death and am so glad her and Opa have the opportunity to know Nola.  It melts my heart to see how much those two old people love that little girl.



Circle of life.

Now onto my little trio.  Finally the snow is melting and we can see the pavement again.  This summer is going to be oodles of fun with Nola.  Her walking has become much more stable and she’s a real hoot to be with.  She’s got a good sense of humour and a funny little laugh that is infectious, at least to Kevin and me.  It’s really awesome to see her develop as her own little self.  I didn’t know I could love someone SO much.



One of my favourite things to witness lately is how much Nola loves Sarge.  Every once in a while she’ll meander up to him and throw her chubby little arms around his neck and give him the biggest hug.  She’s a little lover, that’s for sure.  He doesn’t really know what to make of it but you can well imagine how wonderful he is with her.  I think he’ll find more appreciation for her when she can throw a ball…and yes, my daughter will sure know how to throw a ball ;o)


Kevin hasn’t been working too much; it’s really nice to have him home.  The "Honey Do" list doesn’t get as long when he’s around more.  We’ve been doing a lot of talking about summer, and we’re looking forward to getting the motor home out for some good camping and exploring.  We found a few favourite spots last year, and I wouldn’t mind heading back down to Peter Lougheed Provincial Park.  There were lots of grizzlies and it was beautiful.

Instead of making this an insanely long blog post, I think I’ll cap it off here.  This should be enough to hold you over for the first glimpse into the-world-as-Jeanette-sees-it.  I should get cracking on my little project anyway.  Friend Jamie is expecting #2 in a few short weeks and I’m making her some easy little dinners to help her out.

Oh yeah, and we made the paper!

So welcome to the blog friends & family.  I’m happy to share our thoughts and adventures as the momentum in this little Macleod family moves on…


Comments

  1. Congratulations on the new blog! Great post.

    Miss Nola is very steady on her feet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Time You Said My Name

The last time you said my name was yesterday. I had no idea that would be the last time I heard you say Jeanette... It seems surreal to have already lost one of our parents. This evening, my husbands mother Suzanne, died of cancer. We found out she was sick on April 20th. She went to the hospital for what seemed to be gallbladder issues only to discover there was more. Suzanne chose to go home and process the information. She decided not to pursue treatment. 69 days later we have lost her. She was 67. As I have participated in this dying process, there have been many emotions. So many memories and thoughts surface. Suzanne and I didn't get along very well and that isn't a secret. We were very different women connected to a man we love(d) dearly. Although we had difficulty relating and often times irritated and annoyed each other, I am amazed at how it can all melt away at the end. The fights, misunderstandings, and even anger, is softened. Not forgotten, but the heart is

Calgary Visit @ 27 weeks

I think it's going to be a hold-your-breath kind of week. Baby girls heart beat was at about 53 today.  55 is the danger zone cut off.  It kind of stumped Kevin and I.  The ultrasound tech was super nice and, of course, they don't really know what sort of news they're giving us when they tell us the heart rate.  They don't know why we're there, but we went a little quiet when she said.  I wasn't really expecting that. Today Kevin and I decided to get a disc of pictures of our sweetheart.  She was having a party today while they were trying to take pictures, wiggling and bouncing. She's about 2 1/4 pounds. Her feet measure about 5.4 cm. So with the lower rate, the pediatric cardiologist (the amazing Dr. Fruitman) came into the room immediately to have a look for herself and we had the consult right away.  She asked me how things had been and I told her about this past week.  I took a hard fall on the ice with Nola in my arms and suffered a terrib

Hard to say/show thank-you

It never ceases to amaze (and hurt) me just how difficult it is for people to say "thank-you". I realize it is the Age of Entitlement and everyday etiquette/courtesies are nearly unheard of, but I for one am getting sick of it.  And if you're close to me, you know I've been getting sick of it for quite some time! I have an uncanny ability to remember people's birthdays.  I don't find it hard to write it on the calendar I look at all the time.  I don't find it hard to snag a card while I'm on one of my quick shopping tours.  It's even easier to stick a stamp on it considering I keep a roll in the drawer, and there is a mail box on nearly every corner. I work hard to remember everyone with a Christmas card.  I don't find it too much to sit down for one hour and sign a bunch of cards with a little good will showing the people in my life that I think they're important and I wish the best for them. Funny enough, it doesn't come back