Skip to main content

Results of the 5 Day Cleanse


The Young Living 5 Day Cleanse has been completed and I can proudly say I did it!

I think I’m a pretty good candidate to tell you about the cleanse because I’m not overly health conscious, I’m a sugar junkie and I’ve never done a cleanse before.

Five days is a long time.  I would have really preferred it be for three days, maybe even four.  Five was a looooooooong time.  More than anything I missed the ACT of eating.  I missed sitting down and eating with my husband and kids.  Luckily, I didn’t have to prepare any meals.  I had decided to do this while hubby was on days off and could take full responsibility for feeding the girlies.

Having kids made it a little trickier.  I never realized how much unnecessary food I put in my mouth.  I lick the lid to the pudding cup, eat the last cracker on the snack plate, and test the oatmeal before I give it…  Even going into shops and stores and habitually grabbing the candy from the jar—oops!  But I did well!  I put myself in harm’s way by going to my father in laws birthday supper.  Watching other people eat a delicious meal and cake is not the nicest thing to do to yourself while cleaning out your system…or grocery shop.  But lesson learned.

Aside from that, what I can specifically say about MY experience on the cleanse is that I did have a perpetual headache.  I attribute this to detoxing.  The first day was by far the worst and the rest after were ok.  I was not super hungry.  At first I didn’t eat any of the recommended extras, but with the excruciating headache I decided the apple wasn’t such a bad idea.  Sometimes I did feel a little flu-ish; a little nauseous and such but nothing more water didn’t help.

Now that it’s a full day after, I notice I have good energy.  I usually am a pretty tired person (I have one child who refuses to sleep in the night) but found today a breeze to sail through.  The other thing that surprised me (pleasantly) was how low my cravings are.  I was afraid I would run out today and load up on all the garbage food I could get my hands on.  It was all I was craving!  I was not craving a carrot slick or rice cracker.  I wanted nachos with lots of greasy cheese, hamburgers and poutine!  Now, I’m just fine without.  Still not running after the carrot, but definitely no desire to consume the garbage.  This pleases me!!

My big test now is to see how long I go without a flare up.  The reason I did this was because I’d never done one before and because I’d learned people with chronic illness often have inflammation happening deep down in their systems before it actually surfaces.  I wanted to address this.

I’ve also heard of three people I know in the last two days getting rid of wheat/carbs from their diet and having quick results/success.  Thinking I might work toward this also.

In a nutshell, if you’re considering doing this cleanse I would absolutely recommend it.  I think it was totally worth it and will likely do it again.  It feels long, but isn’t too hard (that said from a super sugar junkie who likes wine…) and think everyone can be successful with it.

Oh, and another thing.  I did find it interesting that for not eating much food AT ALL, I was still having a bowel movement every day.  Goes to show how much stuff we actually carry inside of us.  From day one to day six, I went down three pounds.  My stomach doesn’t feel more trim or anything but I have a sneaking suspicion my gizzards are a little happier for it.

All the best in your journey to wellness, purpose and abundance!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Time You Said My Name

The last time you said my name was yesterday. I had no idea that would be the last time I heard you say Jeanette... It seems surreal to have already lost one of our parents. This evening, my husbands mother Suzanne, died of cancer. We found out she was sick on April 20th. She went to the hospital for what seemed to be gallbladder issues only to discover there was more. Suzanne chose to go home and process the information. She decided not to pursue treatment. 69 days later we have lost her. She was 67. As I have participated in this dying process, there have been many emotions. So many memories and thoughts surface. Suzanne and I didn't get along very well and that isn't a secret. We were very different women connected to a man we love(d) dearly. Although we had difficulty relating and often times irritated and annoyed each other, I am amazed at how it can all melt away at the end. The fights, misunderstandings, and even anger, is softened. Not forgotten, but the heart is

Calgary Visit @ 27 weeks

I think it's going to be a hold-your-breath kind of week. Baby girls heart beat was at about 53 today.  55 is the danger zone cut off.  It kind of stumped Kevin and I.  The ultrasound tech was super nice and, of course, they don't really know what sort of news they're giving us when they tell us the heart rate.  They don't know why we're there, but we went a little quiet when she said.  I wasn't really expecting that. Today Kevin and I decided to get a disc of pictures of our sweetheart.  She was having a party today while they were trying to take pictures, wiggling and bouncing. She's about 2 1/4 pounds. Her feet measure about 5.4 cm. So with the lower rate, the pediatric cardiologist (the amazing Dr. Fruitman) came into the room immediately to have a look for herself and we had the consult right away.  She asked me how things had been and I told her about this past week.  I took a hard fall on the ice with Nola in my arms and suffered a terrib

Hard to say/show thank-you

It never ceases to amaze (and hurt) me just how difficult it is for people to say "thank-you". I realize it is the Age of Entitlement and everyday etiquette/courtesies are nearly unheard of, but I for one am getting sick of it.  And if you're close to me, you know I've been getting sick of it for quite some time! I have an uncanny ability to remember people's birthdays.  I don't find it hard to write it on the calendar I look at all the time.  I don't find it hard to snag a card while I'm on one of my quick shopping tours.  It's even easier to stick a stamp on it considering I keep a roll in the drawer, and there is a mail box on nearly every corner. I work hard to remember everyone with a Christmas card.  I don't find it too much to sit down for one hour and sign a bunch of cards with a little good will showing the people in my life that I think they're important and I wish the best for them. Funny enough, it doesn't come back