Skip to main content

BIG NEWS

I'M PREGNANT!  We’re adding to the Macleod Family! 
We are SO happy!




Nola is going to be a big sister and we’re expecting the new arrival around the first week of April.  Although it’s great news for everyone in the family, it is exceptionally exciting for Grandpa Macleod and Auntie Charissa, as their birthdays are April 7th and 8th!  Much like his/her sister, though, I’m sure this baby will come WHENEVER they choose…just like all other babies!


This ultrasound picture is from some time ago now, so you can imagine how much the baby has already grown.  I'm scheduled to get another routine ultrasound done October 3 and will post that picture.  You'll see more of a baby in the next one!

I’m happy to report this pregnancy is going well.  I have had a bit of nausea but nothing crazy.  I’ve been unbearably tired; I think I could have slept all day and night!  That phase seems to be passing as I enter the second trimester, thankfully.  I don’t have to go to as many doctors appointments since we’ve done this before and the first time went so well.  The doctors are all much more laid back and confident in the growth and development of the baby, and of course, my health with Lupus.

Kevin and I have already decided during the ultrasound around week 19 we will be hoping to find out the gender of the baby.  We didn’t with Nola and as amazing of an experience as it was, it’ll be fun to know what it’s like to know!  As great as a boy would be, a sister for Nola would be great too—so, doesn’t matter which way to us J



With the anticipation of a new bundle of joy, we’ve decided to put our house up for sale.  *Sigh* Now hormones are one thing, but mixed with attachment have made for a few tears as we prepare the house for showings.  We’ve both decided it’s time to move on, to move to the house where we’ll probably raise “the kids”.  The time and energy and memories this house has from us are a lot…  Kevin’s been here for 11 years and says he’s ready to be done with a 38 year old house.  I totally understand.  The basement gets cold and the windows freeze up, things are always in need of fixing or repair.  It’s time for it to become someone else’s…joy.  And I don’t mean that sarcastically, I love my home.  It’s just not the right fit anymore.  We’ve been looking toward the East/South East side of Red Deer.  That neck of town has newer communities with great schools.  We’ll keep you posted with a change of address…hopefully coming before Christmas.

Any other amazing news?  Nope, that has kept us busy for now!  I’m sure the dispatches will start rolling in soon and I’ll take as much work as I can.  Kevin’s holidays are officially all used up for the year, so he’s back to the grind.  And Nola continues to make us laugh and shake our head as her words are becoming more and her personality takes over!  She has been teething like crazy lately and had two eye teeth pop through, with a third one right below the surface.  Poor girl, but she is a trooper.  And she'll make a WONDERFUL BIG SISTER!


All the best to you, my friends and family…

The Momentum is Strong.

Comments

  1. Congrats Kiddo! Glad to hear all are happy and healthy, best wishes to all. Cousin Don.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Time You Said My Name

The last time you said my name was yesterday. I had no idea that would be the last time I heard you say Jeanette... It seems surreal to have already lost one of our parents. This evening, my husbands mother Suzanne, died of cancer. We found out she was sick on April 20th. She went to the hospital for what seemed to be gallbladder issues only to discover there was more. Suzanne chose to go home and process the information. She decided not to pursue treatment. 69 days later we have lost her. She was 67. As I have participated in this dying process, there have been many emotions. So many memories and thoughts surface. Suzanne and I didn't get along very well and that isn't a secret. We were very different women connected to a man we love(d) dearly. Although we had difficulty relating and often times irritated and annoyed each other, I am amazed at how it can all melt away at the end. The fights, misunderstandings, and even anger, is softened. Not forgotten, but the heart is

Calgary Visit @ 27 weeks

I think it's going to be a hold-your-breath kind of week. Baby girls heart beat was at about 53 today.  55 is the danger zone cut off.  It kind of stumped Kevin and I.  The ultrasound tech was super nice and, of course, they don't really know what sort of news they're giving us when they tell us the heart rate.  They don't know why we're there, but we went a little quiet when she said.  I wasn't really expecting that. Today Kevin and I decided to get a disc of pictures of our sweetheart.  She was having a party today while they were trying to take pictures, wiggling and bouncing. She's about 2 1/4 pounds. Her feet measure about 5.4 cm. So with the lower rate, the pediatric cardiologist (the amazing Dr. Fruitman) came into the room immediately to have a look for herself and we had the consult right away.  She asked me how things had been and I told her about this past week.  I took a hard fall on the ice with Nola in my arms and suffered a terrib

Hard to say/show thank-you

It never ceases to amaze (and hurt) me just how difficult it is for people to say "thank-you". I realize it is the Age of Entitlement and everyday etiquette/courtesies are nearly unheard of, but I for one am getting sick of it.  And if you're close to me, you know I've been getting sick of it for quite some time! I have an uncanny ability to remember people's birthdays.  I don't find it hard to write it on the calendar I look at all the time.  I don't find it hard to snag a card while I'm on one of my quick shopping tours.  It's even easier to stick a stamp on it considering I keep a roll in the drawer, and there is a mail box on nearly every corner. I work hard to remember everyone with a Christmas card.  I don't find it too much to sit down for one hour and sign a bunch of cards with a little good will showing the people in my life that I think they're important and I wish the best for them. Funny enough, it doesn't come back