Skip to main content

The Stogsdills Were Here!

Dear Friends and Family,

this month seems to have sped by like the dickens!  My life has certainly picked up pace and we are busy even when we aren't busy!  But I'm NEVER too busy for YOU!!  So, call me when you can, or message me or send me a thought in the wind... I'll do the same ;)

Nola is potty trained!!  Can you believe that!  What success she has had.  I was putting it off because my lazy meter was off the charts.  I knew it was time, however, when she would recently look at Kevin or I and tell us that she just peed...  So, after seeing a post by one of my friends, Tracey, on Facebook about 3 day potty training, I read the short book and set the date.  I picked the long weekend, and began Sunday morning, and would carry through Monday and Tuesday also.  Let me tell you, I believe she was trained about half way through the first day!  The first time she began to release, I ran her to the potty and she dribbled a bit in it.  We made a big deal about it, sticker and all, and there's been no looking back!  She's even used the public bathroom when we're out and poops in the potty too.  Bye Bye big diapers!  LOL.

She is SO fun!
Recently, we had some out of country visitors.  Kevin's Uncle Skip and Aunt Linda were up from Kansas.  They were in Alberta for a week spending time with some of Linda's family and made time for us in little ole Red Deer!  It was such a pleasure to have them visit!  The girls got showered with all sorts of care and attention, books read and tonnes of cuddles.  Skip is Suzanne's older brother and is one of the neatest men I'm sure I'll ever meet!  He is funny and charming and smart and interesting.  Much like his wife, Linda is witty and gentle, gracious and intelligent.  These are people I just LOVE being in the presence of.  We don't have to speak, it's just nice to be with them.  You know what I mean?

Uncle Skip the Great is the most patient player with Nola.  He even played INSIDE her cottage with her, read to her and cuddled baby Heidi.  Linda snuggled and loved up the girls in her arms with oozes of genuine love.  SO LUCKY!  Not to mention the typical patient and creative Nana love the girls are showered with by Suzanna!

So they stayed for most of two days and one night, which was much too short.  Conversation never ran dry and expands to all sorts of fascinating territories.  After they visited with us the paid a visit to Kevin's brother and sister in law...insert eye roll here...and I will leave it at that.

Kevin is currently on days off and has had help from good friend Brent to dry wall the garage.  We'd like to get a move on some storage in there but wanted actual walls up first.  They got it 90% done in a day--awesome, and will finish up today.  We've been storing quite a few things in the motor home and it'll be nice to clean that out.  The generator wasn't working all last year, but we've since had it to a mechanic and got it completely operational again so we're looking forward to having everything in its place and getting it out for this years maiden voyage in June!

♥ him
Wonder how Heidi will do with the camping...  We've been struggling the last couple days with her.  She is a very fussy baby and I'm so unable to pin point where the problem is.  The doctor has had her on Losec to help her tummy acids but she still projectiles from time to time :(  It's awful and she is in obvious distress right before it happens, but it's random making it harder to figure out.  Some nights she sleeps great and others she doesn't.  I don't even think she's up to 8 lbs yet.  We'll be off to the doctor again sometime this week to check things out.  That aside, she's becoming more responsive and can be a real charmer in her own fiery right!

Keeping me guessing but love Heidi's SPARK!



Ok, I think that wraps things up... me?  I had a terrible flare in my lungs and have been on a short term high dose of prednisone.  I've been feeling better and can breath easier again so all is well.  Kevin and I have also started this shake "diet" called Body By Vi and will be on a 90 day challenge to see if we can shed a few pounds and get some energy.  Will keep you posted.

Hopefully, I can get some plants this week for the yard; no bedding plants this year but I'll get some planters and hangers.  Maybe I'll clean out some corners if the girls let me and I want to start marking up the calendar with plans to go to the Zoo and maybe Fort Edmonton.  I think Nola will really eat this stuff up this year, and it's good for everyone to get a healthy dose of vitamin D.

Living in the MOMENTum!  Thanks for reading ♥

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Time You Said My Name

The last time you said my name was yesterday. I had no idea that would be the last time I heard you say Jeanette... It seems surreal to have already lost one of our parents. This evening, my husbands mother Suzanne, died of cancer. We found out she was sick on April 20th. She went to the hospital for what seemed to be gallbladder issues only to discover there was more. Suzanne chose to go home and process the information. She decided not to pursue treatment. 69 days later we have lost her. She was 67. As I have participated in this dying process, there have been many emotions. So many memories and thoughts surface. Suzanne and I didn't get along very well and that isn't a secret. We were very different women connected to a man we love(d) dearly. Although we had difficulty relating and often times irritated and annoyed each other, I am amazed at how it can all melt away at the end. The fights, misunderstandings, and even anger, is softened. Not forgotten, but the heart is

Calgary Visit @ 27 weeks

I think it's going to be a hold-your-breath kind of week. Baby girls heart beat was at about 53 today.  55 is the danger zone cut off.  It kind of stumped Kevin and I.  The ultrasound tech was super nice and, of course, they don't really know what sort of news they're giving us when they tell us the heart rate.  They don't know why we're there, but we went a little quiet when she said.  I wasn't really expecting that. Today Kevin and I decided to get a disc of pictures of our sweetheart.  She was having a party today while they were trying to take pictures, wiggling and bouncing. She's about 2 1/4 pounds. Her feet measure about 5.4 cm. So with the lower rate, the pediatric cardiologist (the amazing Dr. Fruitman) came into the room immediately to have a look for herself and we had the consult right away.  She asked me how things had been and I told her about this past week.  I took a hard fall on the ice with Nola in my arms and suffered a terrib

Hard to say/show thank-you

It never ceases to amaze (and hurt) me just how difficult it is for people to say "thank-you". I realize it is the Age of Entitlement and everyday etiquette/courtesies are nearly unheard of, but I for one am getting sick of it.  And if you're close to me, you know I've been getting sick of it for quite some time! I have an uncanny ability to remember people's birthdays.  I don't find it hard to write it on the calendar I look at all the time.  I don't find it hard to snag a card while I'm on one of my quick shopping tours.  It's even easier to stick a stamp on it considering I keep a roll in the drawer, and there is a mail box on nearly every corner. I work hard to remember everyone with a Christmas card.  I don't find it too much to sit down for one hour and sign a bunch of cards with a little good will showing the people in my life that I think they're important and I wish the best for them. Funny enough, it doesn't come back